Saturday, March 27, 2010

My first YouTube video - Hear my Prayer duet

">

This is my first YouTube video ever.  Not great quality, but I think it still is worth offering.  The audio is a recording I made on my iPhone, of a duet I sang with another choir member, Betsy Wagner.  This is a rehearsal I happened to record. The melody is from an opera "Jocelyn" by Godard.  The original aria is "Oh! ne t'eveille pas" which is commonly known as "Berceuse" or "Lullaby."  This is an arrangement for two singers with inspirational english lyrics.  One of the lines is "I trust in the cover of your wings" and when we first sang it, I did not understand what that meant.  Duh! Later I was on Youtube looking for videos of chicks hatching for my previous post and came across this video of a robin egg hatching, with the mother robin incubating the eggs.  Light dawned over Marblehead... the cover of your wings!  Oh yeah, now I get it!  So I got permission from the youtube user who originally recorded the robin video, and put it with my rehearsal recording.  I think it's kind of funny actually, when the newborn chick is screaming for the mom and the lyric is "lord hear me." Comments/suggestions/ tech advice welcome.  Be kind, I am not a video/audio engineer and have never used these programs before :)

I left in some of the early rehearsal chatter with Betty, our choir director.  She says something like "we are now in performance mode and whatever happens we are going to go forward" and I think that is actually kind of meaningful, because, as they say, life is not a rehearsal.  No matter what happens we have to go onward.

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful to have this recording, having been unable to hear the original performance.

    As Betsy's mate I sometimes experience reflected glory as somewhat blinding. Same goes for being your friend Ian.

    Thanks,

    Leanderthal

    ReplyDelete